With fresh veggies coming into season, we like to find yummy ways to use them up, whether they come from our garden, a farmer’s market, or our local grocer. I originally got this fun recipe from my sweet mother-in-law, and the truth is you can really use any veggies that you love to munch on. Make it up as an appetizer for summer get-togethers, as a snack to share, or for a quick lunch time bite. Best of all it keeps for a couple of days. My favorite part – the crunch of the veggies combined with the tart creamy sauce.
Give it a whirl and let us know what you like on your pizza.
The Recipe: Veggie Pizza
The Source: Cowboy’s Mama
- 2 tubes of original Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, 8 count each
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 medium head of broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- Preheat your oven per direction on the crescent rolls. Take your favorite cookie sheet, grease lightly. My favorite way is to put a dab of olive oil on a clean paper towel and wipe down my cookie sheet.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough in a flat layer. Pinching together the seams. Bake according to directions. I generally go with the least amount of time on the range provided. Crust will turn golden brown and puff up slightly. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Combine all of your chopped veggies in a large bowl and toss until they are completely mixed.
- In a medium bowl, use hand mixer to blend cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. Blend in sour cream until mixture is smooth.
- Once crust has cooled, spread your cream cheese mixture onto the crust. This is your pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, top with the veggies.
- Slice and enjoy immediately. Keep leftovers refrigerated.
- If you want to make this ahead for a party, prepare crust, sauce, and veggies separately. Store all ingredients in fridge separately. Assemble right before party.
- Will keep in the fridge for two to three days. I usually leave it on the cookie sheet and just cover with tin foil.
- Sometimes I use Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese. I think the taste is the same, it is just a lower fat option.
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, so give it a try and share your thoughts.