Spring and summer are when we welcome the most visitors to the farm. It seems our city friends love to have an escape to the country life, and with wildflowers and sweet tea plentiful around here, we are considering installing a turnstile at the gate.
With that said, I love this recipe for it’s ooey gooey goodness as a dessert, or as a decadent breakfast complete with a cup of steaming coffee or tea. Here’s to a sugar high!
The Recipe: Praline Pull-Apart Bread
The Source: Southern Living and MyRecipes.com (click for the official recipe)
- I prepared this just like the recipe, including using Rhodes White Dinner Rolls. (If anyone is brave enough to try another roll, let me know how it goes. I’ve had such good luck, I can’t bring myself to try anything else.)
- I’ve added more or less pecans, depending on what I know our guests like. For example, Cowboy’s dad would be happy if I doubled up on the pecans, and Cowboy would prefer I leave them off all together. How’s a farmgirl to win?
- This does require chilling for 8 to 18 hours before cooking. I find putting it together the night before to be the perfect solution. It means for an easy day.
- This has definitely become a family favorite. My grams has decided it’s better than birthday cake!
- Leftovers are yummy for about two days, if you and your guests can keep from gobbling them sooner. I keep them in a glass cake pedestal with cover.
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, so give it a try and share your thoughts.
4 thoughts on “Farmtastic Recipe – Praline Pull-Apart Bread”
Much better than B/C cake!!!!! Love you, Mom-Mom
Sent from my iPad
Awe – I know how much you love it, especially with a cup of coffee. Love you back!
Looks so yummy. I would be a “double the nuts” kind of guest.
Good to know. I’ll keep that in my memory bank if you ever make your way to the farm for a visit.